Intro

We named our blog “Raising Mustard Seeds” after the famous parable in Matthew’s Gospel. We had some mustard seeds of our own laying dormant in our hearts, and finally, the year before our marriage, we began to let those seeds grow. Our journey with Christ hasn’t always been easy, but it has bore more fruit than we could possibly imagine. And through the mustard seeds He planted in our hearts, He opened them to receive little mustard seeds of our own…

While Jesus in this parable is talking about how faith and our relationship with God should grow from something very small to something mighty and powerful, it’s applicable to our children as well. It is our hope that through prayer and proper parenting, our children will grow from small and helpless (tiny mustard seeds) to being mighty in Christ, so that they will be shining lights in the world and people will come to “dwell in the branches” of their faith.

So, this is our little space in the big internet where we will share our most likely crazy experiences as we start our family and we hope those who are close to us will enjoy laughing at us and with us, and maybe even learn something new :)

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Answers to blog questions!!!+Week 26 Update


****EDIT*** 11/7/12: Was still having problems with the comment box, now fixed!

Hello everyone! I am obviously very new to this blogging thing, because JUST THIS MORNING, I learned some important blog "stuff" and updated the blog with some little gadgets and now I have answers to a lot of the questions I've been getting! Ahh, knowledge is power.


1.       Why can’t I comment on your blog? Well, Rachel is so silly that she only had comments available to those with blogspot accounts. Situation has been remedied…comment away!!!

2.       How can I follow your blog? On the right side of your screen (if you’re on your iPhone, just scroll to the bottom and choose “web version” to see the same thing) a lot of options. Here’s what to do: Under FOLLOWERS, click on “Join this site”. If you’ve got a google, yahoo, etc acct** click on your respective link, and follow the directions. From there, you can add a profile picture, choose how you want to subscribe, etc. Easy as pie, right? (**If you don’t, you can create a google one)

3.       Okay yeah, I get it, but I’m still going to forget to come to the blog and the next time I remember, Gianna may already be 1 year old…Can I get it sent to me by e-mail??? Yes, I understand that. If I don’t have a visual reminder to do something, it’s probably not going to happen. Now, that you’re subscribed, you can do 2 more things.
a.       Follow by e-mail: Also on the right side of your screen--Just type your e-mail into the box under FOLLOW BY EMAIL and BLAM-O, it’ll tell you exactly how to confirm your e-mail subscription.
b.      Follow by RSS: On the right side you’ll also see an option to SUBSCRIBE TO “Posts” or “All Comments”. If you want to use this option, do “Posts”. This feature gives you the option to include our blog on your homepage, etc by RSS Feed.

4.       How do I find a specific blog entry? You can search by month using our BLOG ARCHIVE or using our new SEARCH THIS BLOG search bar on the right side of the page

5.       Anything else? Yeah…there’s some fancy-schmancy stuff at the bottom of each post, like e-mailing to a friend, re-blogging it, sharing on twitter or facebook, or google+, all of which are at your disposal to use,  I’m just not fancy enough to discuss it with any real knowledge/detail ;-)

Let’s all breath a huge sigh of relief now that Rachel has officially joined the 21st century world of semi-computer-literate-bloggers-club! Please, if any of this is confusing, let me know and I’ll try to help!

With that, here are 3 fun pictures for the week:
Chris and I started going to class at church for the Year of Faith on Monday nights. We are both obviously still 10 years old so we doodle and write/draw stupid things to each other.This one is awesome though :-)





You can see my excitement because I kind of actually look pregnant in this picture! It pretty much happened sometime between Friday/Saturday. (Yes, I stare at my belly that often that I notice minute day by day changes…lol) 

Last, my favorite picture of all! When I lay down my belly has always been a lot more obvious and G does some funny wrap herself into a ball stuff so she pokes out better. Plus, I’m tired all the time, so I’m laying down a lot. Therefore, this is a really realistic image HA HA HA. 







Happy Tuesday Everyone! Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment