Intro

We named our blog “Raising Mustard Seeds” after the famous parable in Matthew’s Gospel. We had some mustard seeds of our own laying dormant in our hearts, and finally, the year before our marriage, we began to let those seeds grow. Our journey with Christ hasn’t always been easy, but it has bore more fruit than we could possibly imagine. And through the mustard seeds He planted in our hearts, He opened them to receive little mustard seeds of our own…

While Jesus in this parable is talking about how faith and our relationship with God should grow from something very small to something mighty and powerful, it’s applicable to our children as well. It is our hope that through prayer and proper parenting, our children will grow from small and helpless (tiny mustard seeds) to being mighty in Christ, so that they will be shining lights in the world and people will come to “dwell in the branches” of their faith.

So, this is our little space in the big internet where we will share our most likely crazy experiences as we start our family and we hope those who are close to us will enjoy laughing at us and with us, and maybe even learn something new :)

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Week 36.5/New Years Update




I’m officially on less than 4 week countdown. Now, of course, who knows if the countdown actually gets to 4 weeks or ends at 4 weeks, but it’s a significant milestone, nonetheless. 

Over the past 1.5 weeks Gianna has had 3 big growth spurts. On Monday morning, I officially had to start doing the “pregnant roll over”, aka, rolling over to get out of bed, rather than sitting up and getting out. Now I sleep really close to the edge so that it’s easier to get out. Then on Thursday morning she just felt a lot bigger. Geri, one of the midwives, commented that she has quite the large rear-end and that she feels chunky-ish. Annnnnnnnnd this morning I got out rolled out of bed and was like---who is this giant baby in my belly!?!!?! Well, one thing is for certain, G is definitely growing. See proof from a picture we took before church today--

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE
 

There’s a lot to do before G gets here, but I’m excited that I will have plenty to do to keep me busy.
Firstly, I just started “4 Weeks to a More Organized Home”from Moneysavingmom.com. Hopefully this will get our little apartment in tip-top shape in the next few weeks and help me to direct my energies in appropriate ways (rather than re-organizing her clothes 5 times or something similarly stupid that will literally make no difference in my life)

We’ve also started our New Year’s Resolution list, which is probably a lot more detailed than most people’s resolutions. I have categories and everything. Looking back on our NY Resolutions last year, I was surprised at how many we accomplished without having any kind of accountability system. There’s one resolution in particular that I feel pretty good about…… (see picture)

 
 
Resolution from last year: Make a baby?? Done! (If you don’t know why there was a question mark, go back and read How Baby Rendall Came to Be Part 1 and Part 2)

Resolution for this year: Have a baby. Hahaha. At least I know I will accomplish that one. We definitely didn’t do a 5K or mini-tri, but I’m going to attribute that to being pregnant from May-December. That’s a decent excuse, right?

I was thinking about posting our NY Resolutions for this year on the blog and reviewing progress each month so that we would be held accountable in that it would be embarrassing if we didn’t accomplish anything. Does that interest any of y’all? Probably not. But pretty soon there will be baby pictures posted often, so I figure y’all will keep reading anyway. Heck, maybe it’ll even inspire some of you to keep your own resolutions. Stay tuned for that list...
 
A Merry Chistmas and Blessed New Year to all of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment