Intro

We named our blog “Raising Mustard Seeds” after the famous parable in Matthew’s Gospel. We had some mustard seeds of our own laying dormant in our hearts, and finally, the year before our marriage, we began to let those seeds grow. Our journey with Christ hasn’t always been easy, but it has bore more fruit than we could possibly imagine. And through the mustard seeds He planted in our hearts, He opened them to receive little mustard seeds of our own…

While Jesus in this parable is talking about how faith and our relationship with God should grow from something very small to something mighty and powerful, it’s applicable to our children as well. It is our hope that through prayer and proper parenting, our children will grow from small and helpless (tiny mustard seeds) to being mighty in Christ, so that they will be shining lights in the world and people will come to “dwell in the branches” of their faith.

So, this is our little space in the big internet where we will share our most likely crazy experiences as we start our family and we hope those who are close to us will enjoy laughing at us and with us, and maybe even learn something new :)

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Family Pictures :-)

So here's the thing. Gianna is adorable, easy, hands down, obvious. I'm not modest about her cuteness at all, and I don't really think I really need to be as a parent. If someone tells me that my hair looks nice, I say thank you and that's very sweet of them. When someone tells me Gianna is cute, I say, YES I KNOW, RIGHT?! It's okay that I want to munch on my child's cute chubby arms and smother her with kisses all day. Anyhow, I digress. We took family pictures on Sunday in this nice field by a park in Tyler. Gianna is like 115% cute in person. When we're playing together, it's like non-stop smiles and giggles. However, you bust out another other than a human face (say, an iPhone or camera) and she's throwns on a ridiculous awkward face (cough cough like me cough cough) (it's almost like it's on purpose...) like this:
 or this.........

 orrrrrrrrrr this..............

 
 
 You get the point. 

So, needless to say, I was already thinking, okay, she’s going to stare at the camera. No big deal. She’s still stinkin’ cute and that serious face is totally Gianna anyway…really the essence of her already well developed personality. What I didn’t expect though is for my poor baby to have HORRIBLE ALLERGIES while we took the pictures! SO SAD! She had like 5 sneezing fits of 4 sneezes each in 30 minutes! And she got a runny nose! And was fussy and crying! I felt so bad for her, but she was a trooper. 

Chris and I had to seriously pull out all the stops...we sang our infamous duet rendition of “A Whole New World”, as well as other ridiculous songs that have words that rhyme with Gianna (mama, llama, pajamas, piranhas…we’re open to new words if y’all can think of any. Piranhas is always awkward to fit it. Little Gianna loves to wear her pajamas. Little Gianna doesn't get eatin’ by piranhas….Yeah. We need new material). There was standing, bouncing, and other countless end-baby-tears techniques employed as well. 30 minutes, 20 sneezes, a runny nose, and some tears later, this is what we got! Tiffany must be a miracle worker.
 

 Photos by TKPhotography
 
 Chris and I even took a couple sans bebe!

 This is the epitome of our relationship, summed up in one picture.

 
 
 Soooooooooooo sweet. Be still, my heart!


 My absolute favorite!



My sneezy baby! At least here we look like concerned parents, instead of laughing at her or something LOL.

 Okay, I lied. Maybe this is my favorite.

 Or this one. My sweet planking baby :-)
 
 Chris isn't intentionally choking Gianna here. LOL. She's just so wiggly!

 Those eyes are heart stealers!

 HEY! Yeah, you! I'm lookin' at YOU!

 It's our favorite ab-work out/pastime (workout for me, pastime for her). She was getting CRANKY so I had to pull out all the stops :-)

 She's just too much cute. Too much. 
 Hahahahaha. Gianna's face is priceless. She is about to sneeze I think.

As you can see, we have learned 3 lessons from this experience.
1. Don't take pictures in a field with Gianna
2. Gianna, like her mama, needs to learn to make nice, not awkward, faces at the camera.
3. Gianna is cute, even when she sneezes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment