Intro

We named our blog “Raising Mustard Seeds” after the famous parable in Matthew’s Gospel. We had some mustard seeds of our own laying dormant in our hearts, and finally, the year before our marriage, we began to let those seeds grow. Our journey with Christ hasn’t always been easy, but it has bore more fruit than we could possibly imagine. And through the mustard seeds He planted in our hearts, He opened them to receive little mustard seeds of our own…

While Jesus in this parable is talking about how faith and our relationship with God should grow from something very small to something mighty and powerful, it’s applicable to our children as well. It is our hope that through prayer and proper parenting, our children will grow from small and helpless (tiny mustard seeds) to being mighty in Christ, so that they will be shining lights in the world and people will come to “dwell in the branches” of their faith.

So, this is our little space in the big internet where we will share our most likely crazy experiences as we start our family and we hope those who are close to us will enjoy laughing at us and with us, and maybe even learn something new :)

Friday, February 7, 2014

A laugh to start your weekend off right :-)

Thank God it's Friday!

But ohhhhhh, Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday. Where did we go wrong? We're about to get real, here and talk about toddler poop, so...yeah.

It all started when I took Gianna's diaper off around 4:30 pm on Wednesday.

She had a little bit of a rash, so I decided to just let her go diaper free (fresh air > diaper ointment). She was already a huge mess from an "art project" we did that involved paint (OMG SUCH A MISTAKE! More on that next week...), so my plan was to plop her in the tub pretty soon anyway.

MISTAKE!

All of a sudden, Gianna has pooped on her room rug.

I don't really freak out, but just think yikes and hmmm good healthy consistency (yeah because that's normal...) and pick her up and put her on the changing table. Then I look down.

OH NO. There is poop on the carpet too! It's on the bottom of my sock!

I look back at the rug and notice another small poop ball that must have dropped from her butt right before I picked her up! And I stepped in it! And then proceeded to take 2 more steps!

I stripped my sock off and carefully navigated Gianna to her crib so that I could gather my army of cleaning supplies to tackle the poo-mageddeon on the floor. She begins screaming that she's being left alone, of course, while I scrub the floor and pick up the...pieces. Yikes on that pun.

Mind you, she's still diaperless.

After cleaning up, we head to the tub. I've called Chris to tell him the story (which is pretty funny, in all honesty), but have to get off the phone quickly so I can fill the tub (it's quite loud on the phone). Aaaand 2 minutes later, Chris received the following message:



Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment