Intro

We named our blog “Raising Mustard Seeds” after the famous parable in Matthew’s Gospel. We had some mustard seeds of our own laying dormant in our hearts, and finally, the year before our marriage, we began to let those seeds grow. Our journey with Christ hasn’t always been easy, but it has bore more fruit than we could possibly imagine. And through the mustard seeds He planted in our hearts, He opened them to receive little mustard seeds of our own…

While Jesus in this parable is talking about how faith and our relationship with God should grow from something very small to something mighty and powerful, it’s applicable to our children as well. It is our hope that through prayer and proper parenting, our children will grow from small and helpless (tiny mustard seeds) to being mighty in Christ, so that they will be shining lights in the world and people will come to “dwell in the branches” of their faith.

So, this is our little space in the big internet where we will share our most likely crazy experiences as we start our family and we hope those who are close to us will enjoy laughing at us and with us, and maybe even learn something new :)

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Baby Shower Recap + Weeks 29-30ish


Why helllllllllllo everyone and happy (early) Thanksgiving! We've got so much going on, but lots of exciting stuff. For one, two weekend ago I had a fabulous baby shower and have been sorting and moving baby G into our apartment. Secondly, we found renters for our house, so last weekend (and yesterday until midnight...) we moved the rest of the stuff out of our first love home, moved all the extras into a storage unit, stashed a couple things we need to sell at a friends', and donated the rest (other than lawn stuff that the renters will use). The renters move in TODAY! Talk about cutting it close. We are excited to not have to pay for 2 places to live anymore though, so it's a day to rejoice and be thankful!

In all the craziness, I've done a really bad job of taking picture updates, but as you can see in the picture below Gianna is growing growing growing! I'm sure over the holiday weekends she (or I?) will be growing A LOT from all the yummy food :-)




This is Thursday between Week 29 and 30 at Chris's job. It was "Bring your Wife to Work Day". Just kidding. That day doesn't exist. But, I do go to PCD sometimes to have an intense computer work day and last week I was busy most of the day writing thank-yous for the awesome baby swag I got at the shower. Yes, it's nearly impossible for me to be serious.

Post Shower Fall-Out

This was our apartment the day after the shower. Lots of goodies like a bouncer, swing, crib that my Aunt Claudia let me have, awesome chest my Uncle Dale made, jogger stroller, carseat, and etc baby swag. I sent this picture to my mom and it said something like "Welcome to my nightmare". I hate it when things are disorganized!!! So I got right to cleaning and organizing. Selected outcomes below!

For the first however many months, G will sleep in bed with us in a bassinet, but then she'll move to this rockin' crib with sweet tree and bird bedding set. My friend Kristin made the art that's on the wall--it's pretty fantastic, I need to do a close up!


I washed G's blankets and 0-3 months clothes. This is all the stuff that will go into drawers. It's a baby smorgasbord!


That's not all though, here we've got 3-12 mo clothes hanging up, ready for use when chunky gets big enough. (Yes, "chunky" is Gianna. The women in my family have large babies, so I've already prepared myself). Actually, there are some more clothes that should be in there but I hadn't finished hanging at that point.















I don't know why, but I love cabinets and drawers, so I took pictures of G's bathtime cabinet and grooming, etc drawer that are in our 2nd bathroom.

Just a touch of what's been going on in the past week. I'll post a few pictures from the shower soon, so you can see how the living room aftermath transpired :-)  But in the meantime, everyone have a safe, happy, and high-caloric (as if that's even a question) Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment