Intro

We named our blog “Raising Mustard Seeds” after the famous parable in Matthew’s Gospel. We had some mustard seeds of our own laying dormant in our hearts, and finally, the year before our marriage, we began to let those seeds grow. Our journey with Christ hasn’t always been easy, but it has bore more fruit than we could possibly imagine. And through the mustard seeds He planted in our hearts, He opened them to receive little mustard seeds of our own…

While Jesus in this parable is talking about how faith and our relationship with God should grow from something very small to something mighty and powerful, it’s applicable to our children as well. It is our hope that through prayer and proper parenting, our children will grow from small and helpless (tiny mustard seeds) to being mighty in Christ, so that they will be shining lights in the world and people will come to “dwell in the branches” of their faith.

So, this is our little space in the big internet where we will share our most likely crazy experiences as we start our family and we hope those who are close to us will enjoy laughing at us and with us, and maybe even learn something new :)

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

20 weeks update: Ohhhh, we’re halfway there…. *cue song*



 Thanks Bon Jovi, for literally having the most perfect lyrics for week 20 of pregnancy...lol


This is quite the exciting week. You’ll notice I’ve changed outfits for my pictures. Some prego workout pants ($6 holla!)and prego top ($7 holla!) from Target. I thought this would give a more accurate picture of what I really looked like…you know…wearing really pregnancy clothes. Turns out, I was wrong. However, as I write this today (Wednesday), I can safely say that my belly is definitely sticking out a lot more since yesterday. 



The exciting part of the week is that Chris and I will be posting the results from my 20 wk sonogram!!!!!!!! Stay tuned to find out if we’re having a mini-Rachel or mini-Chris…I’m so excited!!! (As if you couldn’t tell, by the thrice use of “excited” in the post)

**also, I’m realizing more and more how many people I forgot to include when I sent out a message saying that we have a blog…pass it along to friends or family please!**
**alsoooo, at the bottom of the page, you can “subscribe” to our blog! Bookmark us and read often :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment