Intro

We named our blog “Raising Mustard Seeds” after the famous parable in Matthew’s Gospel. We had some mustard seeds of our own laying dormant in our hearts, and finally, the year before our marriage, we began to let those seeds grow. Our journey with Christ hasn’t always been easy, but it has bore more fruit than we could possibly imagine. And through the mustard seeds He planted in our hearts, He opened them to receive little mustard seeds of our own…

While Jesus in this parable is talking about how faith and our relationship with God should grow from something very small to something mighty and powerful, it’s applicable to our children as well. It is our hope that through prayer and proper parenting, our children will grow from small and helpless (tiny mustard seeds) to being mighty in Christ, so that they will be shining lights in the world and people will come to “dwell in the branches” of their faith.

So, this is our little space in the big internet where we will share our most likely crazy experiences as we start our family and we hope those who are close to us will enjoy laughing at us and with us, and maybe even learn something new :)

Friday, September 14, 2012

**Drum roll** It's a ....................

Well, you're going to have to wait for just a second. ;-) Although I'm sure most of y'all will just scroll down to the very bottom and be TOTAL SPOIL SPORTS, be patient, grasshoppers, and continue reading in an orderly fashion!

I had my 20 wk sonogram this week with an amazing sonographer named Julie. Everything checked out and baby is "normal" in all categories. Except one.*sigh* So, the sonogram was Monday. (I KNOW IT WAS SO HARD TO KEEP IT IN FOR SO LONG!!!) I was 20weeks1day. At 20 weeks, a typical baby weighs 10-11 ounces. What did MY BABY measure at?

                                15 ounces

Yes people, you read that correctly. According my research, that's usually about a 22 week old baby. So my nearly 1 pound baby is about 2 weeks ahead of the growth curve, if that measurement is correct. Oh My Goodness! So officially, I am growing a giant--a healthy, happy, giant baby.

Suffice it to say, baby is getting ALL the nutrition necessary (and then some, possibly?) from the supplements I've been taking...

Chris could literally barely contain his excitement when we into the cozy sonogram room; he wouldn't sit down.  In an instant, we knew the gender of our baby.


                                  Can you tell by these pictures??
   (no, I am not parading my baby's unmentionables on the internet! Just guess....pick beautiful or handsome and go with that!!)

 






So, now, the big announcement: It's a......





                                    GIRL!

                           
YAY!!!! We are so excited (yes, we would have had the same reaction if she was a "he", but STILL!) The sonogram was fun!!! She wiggled all over the place and made funny faces and played with her umbilical cord and kept rubbing her eyes...so adorable!

**side note, these awesome frames are from Hobby Lobby..so cute, right?!**

Okay so here are some video clips from the sonogram DVD. Yes, I did use my iPhone to record this from my laptop because the DVD format was being super lame. Yes, I am THAT low-tech.**The video requires Adobe Flash Player, down here**

                                          Clip1: Baby waves hello!




                           Clip2: Baby has a foot! And she likes to move it, move it!


                                 
                     Clip3: She is floating in outerspaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace
 

                         Clip4: An elbow, a kick, and arms all over the place :-)





I know I've used far too many exclamation points and words like "cute" in this post, but I'm sure y'all will forgive me for being just so tickled and excited and head over heels in love with her!!!!!!!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS BELOVED CHRIS AND RACHEL AND BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Indeed, great is our Lord, Blessed is He the Creator and Sustainer who hears us when we call!

    I am going to smother her with kisses <3<3<3<3<3!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete